• Advertise
  • About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Drama In Pretoria Court As Muzi Sibiya Names Senior Police Figure In Senzo Meyiwa Murder Probe

October 30, 2025
0
Drama In Pretoria Court As Muzi Sibiya Names Senior Police Figure In Senzo Meyiwa Murder Probe
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The murder trial of footballer Senzo Meyiwa continued on Monday at the Pretoria High Court, where the first accused, Muzi Sibiya, faced more questions from the state prosecutor, Advocate George Baloyi.

During the cross-examination, Sibiya made a surprising claim. He told the court that after he was beaten and arrested by police, a top police officer, Deputy Police Commissioner General Shadrack Sibiya, was present at the place where he was assaulted in Chloorkop. This statement created tension in court as many were shocked to hear a high-ranking police name mentioned.

Baloyi asked Sibiya to explain what really happened during his arrest. Sibiya said he was attacked by several people before he was handcuffed and taken away. He said the police never searched him at that time but later told him that he would be charged for dealing with drugs. Sibiya said he never had any drugs with him and could not understand where that story came from. He told the court that the police simply made up the charge after taking him to Tembisa.

He also spoke about his cellphone. According to him, the police never took it when he was arrested. He said his uncle went to the police station later and took the phone home. When Baloyi asked what he would say if someone claimed the phone was taken during his arrest, Sibiya replied that such a person would not be telling the truth because he found his phone at home later.

The prosecutor told the court that Sibiya’s former lawyer did not object when the state claimed that the cellphone was taken during his arrest. Sibiya explained that this was the reason he wanted to speak for himself in court and tell his side of the story.

The court also heard that Sibiya’s phone number and pictures were found on the phone of another accused, Bongani Ntanzi. Sibiya said his phone was sometimes used by other family members at home, and he did not know how his pictures ended up on another person’s phone. This led to a short disagreement in court between lawyers over how the evidence was being presented.

Sibiya ended his testimony by saying his father was deeply shocked when he returned home to KwaZulu-Natal and learned that he had been beaten and accused of killing Senzo Meyiwa. The courtroom remained tense as the trial continued, with many waiting to see what will happen next.

Previous Post

MK Party MP Sibonelo Nomvalo bluntly questioned whether SA really needs two Deputy Police Ministers

Next Post

High Court Scandal Explodes: Molefe’s R400k Bail Allegedly Bought with R2.5 Million Cash Bribe

Azalibone Mthethwa

Education: A+ Diploma in Journalism ( 2017) Experience: Senior Journalist - Current Affairs Writer Email: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Related Posts

Ace Magashule is finished

September 12, 2024

Jacob Zuma and other corrupt ANC veterans in trouble, See who Ramaphosa appointed to deal with them

September 12, 2024

Madlanga Commission Exposed Secret 2029 Plot To Capture The State Again, Rev. Khumalo Sound Alarm

October 28, 2025

Mogotsi Claims He Has ‘a Direct Line to Mchunu’ – Says He Has Even Been to His House

November 19, 2025

KZN Top Cop Faces Serious Charges Including Torture and Illegal Extraditions

July 28, 2025

Watch Live | uMkhonto weSizwe Party 1st anniversary

December 15, 2024
Next Post

High Court Scandal Explodes: Molefe’s R400k Bail Allegedly Bought with R2.5 Million Cash Bribe

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Bad News for everyone living in South Africa this morning As Nigerian Threaten To Take Over SA

September 11, 2024

South Africa is finished|| Look over 100 illegal foreigner were caught bringing into the country

September 10, 2024

Look what Dr Nandipha’s mother spotted doing in court yesterday

September 10, 2024

Unexpected || Hawks To Arrest ANC Heavyweight Over R680 000 Alleged Money Laundering

September 11, 2024

Big Nuz – Ngeke Wins Ukhozi FM Top 10 Cross Over Song Of The Year 2022 to 2023

0

Watch: Babes Wodumo Performing Ngeke at The Last Dance 2022 | Song of The Year

0

Some people are angry on Babes Wodumo, following how She’s mourning her husband, take a look

0

Enhle Mbali exposed for ‘willing to be in a polygamous marriage’

0

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

May 22, 2026

A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

May 22, 2026

“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

May 22, 2026

Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

May 22, 2026

Recent News

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

May 22, 2026

A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

May 22, 2026

“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

May 22, 2026

Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

May 22, 2026

SA Leading Digital News. All the latest breaking news from across South Africa in one stream.

Advertise with us: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Follow Us

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Advertise

Recent News

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

May 22, 2026

A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

May 22, 2026

“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

May 22, 2026

Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

May 22, 2026
  • Advertise
  • About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • LATEST NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LIFESTYLE
  • CRIME
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • BUSINESS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Login

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Exit mobile version