Avoid the long and frustrating queues by applying for licence renewal online.
No more long queues, waiting impatiently or taking off work to renew your driver’s licence.
A new online booking system for driver licence renewals has been launched in Pretoria, and it promises to make your life easier, Centurion Rekord reports.
The Online Company SA enables you to register on its website, book at any of the four licensing centres with this service and renew your licence.
The service is only available in Gauteng thus far, with partner centres in Akasia, Waltloo, Centurion and Bronkhorstspruit licensing centres.
1. How does it work:
– You register on The Online Company South Africa and book.
– After a successful booking, you will receive two emails – print both to produce on the day of your appointment.
– When you arrive for your appointment, you will avoid all queues and be taken to the bookings counter.
– Your license renewal will take approximately 15 minutes, if you selected delivery at booking, your new license will be delivered to your chosen address.
2. What should you take to the booking/appointment?
– Both printed emails sent to you once you completed your online booking.
– Your valid ID document
– The fee for renewal
– A valid eye test result
– Your current valid driver’s licence (if possible)
3. What are the fees?
– Renewal of driver’s licence: R228 (subject to annual increase)
– Temporary licence: R72 (subject to annual increase)
– Booking fee for using online service: Free
– Delivery fee (if selected): Various options available upon booking:
- Pretoria to Gauteng (excluding Vereeniging and Vanderbijlpark) – R96.45
- Pretoria to Hartbeespoortdam, Brits, Vereeniging and Vanderbijlpark – R141. 41
- Pretoria to Rustenburg – R204.34
– Saturday bookings: An additional fee of R300 is payable at the test centre.
Information obtained from The Online Company SA