• About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Gauteng Premier Panyaza Lesufi Announces R120 Billion Gautrain Expansion and Bullet Train Project

February 26, 2025
0
Gauteng Premier Panyaza Lesufi Announces R120 Billion Gautrain Expansion and Bullet Train Project
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Gauteng Premier Panyaza Lesufi has unveiled ambitious plans to expand Gautrain services and introduce a high-speed bullet train connecting Gauteng and Limpopo. During his State of the Province Address (SOPA) in Pretoria on Monday, Lesufi announced that the provincial government will invest R120 billion in the Gautrain expansion, which will extend services to new areas, including Soweto via Fourways, Mamelodi, Atteridgeville, Lanseria, and Springs.

“The Gautrain rail expansion will be a gateway to opportunity, creating more than 125,000 construction jobs while igniting growth in property, retail, and logistics along its path,” Lesufi said. The project aims to improve public transportation, reduce traffic congestion, and stimulate economic development in the province.

In addition to the Gautrain expansion, Lesufi provided an update on the long-awaited bullet train project between Gauteng and Limpopo. The concept, which has been in the pipeline since 2022, is now gaining momentum. “The Limpopo-Gauteng Speed Train project is gaining momentum. Following the announcement last year, it has been agreed that given the project’s magnitude and intricacy, it will be executed in multiple phases,” Lesufi explained.

He added that the integrated concept document has been approved by both Gauteng and Limpopo premiers and will soon be ready for signing. “We are jointly ready to approach the National Department of Transport for consultation,” Lesufi said.

The bullet train project, once completed, is expected to significantly reduce travel time between the two provinces, boosting tourism, trade, and economic integration. However, the project’s complexity and cost have raised questions about its feasibility and timeline.

Lesufi’s announcements highlight the Gauteng government’s commitment to infrastructure development as a driver of economic growth and job creation. The Gautrain expansion and bullet train project are part of a broader strategy to modernize the province’s transportation network and improve connectivity across the region.

As the plans move forward, all eyes will be on the government’s ability to deliver these ambitious projects on time and within budget. For now, the announcements have sparked optimism about the potential for transformative change in Gauteng’s transportation landscape.

Previous Post

Deadly Clash in Laudium: Six Suspected CIT Robbers Killed in Police Shootout

Next Post

Businessmen’s Alleged Influence Sparks Tensions in Zulu Royal Family

Azalibone Mthethwa

Education: A+ Diploma in Journalism ( 2017) Experience: Senior Journalist - Current Affairs Writer Email: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Related Posts

Zandie Khumalo Wasting The Court’s Time? This Is What People Noticed

September 11, 2024

ANC Defends Budget Delay to Prioritize Social Welfare

February 26, 2025

Adv Mshololo blows hot in court as she accuses Judge Ratha Mokgoatlheng of supporting prejudice

September 17, 2024

ANC Unveils Gauteng Provincial Task Team Amid Heavy Police Presence

February 27, 2025

Orlando Pirates Appoint Abdeslam Ouaddou as New Head Coach

June 23, 2025

Here is how much the Gupta mansion was sold for

September 10, 2024
Next Post

Businessmen’s Alleged Influence Sparks Tensions in Zulu Royal Family

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Bad News for everyone living in South Africa this morning As Nigerian Threaten To Take Over SA

September 11, 2024

South Africa is finished|| Look over 100 illegal foreigner were caught bringing into the country

September 10, 2024

Look what Dr Nandipha’s mother spotted doing in court yesterday

September 10, 2024

Unexpected || Hawks To Arrest ANC Heavyweight Over R680 000 Alleged Money Laundering

September 11, 2024

Big Nuz – Ngeke Wins Ukhozi FM Top 10 Cross Over Song Of The Year 2022 to 2023

0

Watch: Babes Wodumo Performing Ngeke at The Last Dance 2022 | Song of The Year

0

Some people are angry on Babes Wodumo, following how She’s mourning her husband, take a look

0

Enhle Mbali exposed for ‘willing to be in a polygamous marriage’

0

Robert Mugabe’s Son Arrested for Attempted Murder After Gardener Shot in Johannesburg

February 19, 2026

Julius Malema Has Sent President Ramaphosa A Message To His Minister In GNU

February 19, 2026

Senzo Mchunu Rejects Close Ties With Businessman amid Police Controversy

February 19, 2026

Sibiya Denies Ordering Transfer of Political Killings Dockets to Gauteng

February 19, 2026

Recent News

Robert Mugabe’s Son Arrested for Attempted Murder After Gardener Shot in Johannesburg

February 19, 2026

Julius Malema Has Sent President Ramaphosa A Message To His Minister In GNU

February 19, 2026

Senzo Mchunu Rejects Close Ties With Businessman amid Police Controversy

February 19, 2026

Sibiya Denies Ordering Transfer of Political Killings Dockets to Gauteng

February 19, 2026

SA Leading Digital News. All the latest breaking news from across South Africa in one stream.

Advertise with us: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Follow Us

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact

Recent News

Robert Mugabe’s Son Arrested for Attempted Murder After Gardener Shot in Johannesburg

February 19, 2026

Julius Malema Has Sent President Ramaphosa A Message To His Minister In GNU

February 19, 2026

Senzo Mchunu Rejects Close Ties With Businessman amid Police Controversy

February 19, 2026

Sibiya Denies Ordering Transfer of Political Killings Dockets to Gauteng

February 19, 2026
  • About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • LATEST NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LIFESTYLE
  • CRIME
  • SPORTS
  • BUSINESS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Login

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • LATEST NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LIFESTYLE
  • CRIME
  • SPORTS
  • BUSINESS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Login

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Exit mobile version