• About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment

Miguel Cardoso Reflects on First Defeat as Mamelodi Sundowns Coach Against Raja Casablanca

January 5, 2025
0
Miguel Cardoso Reflects on First Defeat as Mamelodi Sundowns Coach Against Raja Casablanca
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Mamelodi Sundowns coach Miguel Cardoso has offered his thoughts following his first loss in charge of the team, as the nine-man Masandawana succumbed to a 1-0 defeat against Raja Casablanca in the CAF Champions League on Saturday night. The loss brought an end to Sundowns’ four-match winning streak under Cardoso.

Interestingly, Cardoso’s debut as Sundowns coach was also against Raja Casablanca in December, a game the Brazilians narrowly won 1-0. That victory set the tone for a successful run, with subsequent wins over Stellenbosch FC, AmaZulu FC, and Richards Bay FC in the Betway Premiership.

Reflecting on the defeat, Cardoso highlighted Raja’s high-line defensive strategy as a key factor that limited Sundowns’ ability to exploit spaces behind their backline.

“It was obviously a difficult match. In the first half, we faced a lot of pressure that reduced the spaces for us to play,” Cardoso said. “We struggled to find the openings, especially behind their defence. Their high defensive line made it challenging for us.”

Cardoso pointed to a pivotal moment late in the first half when Raja scored after Sundowns had already gone down to ten men. “What really changed the game was conceding a goal in the last minutes of the first half. Mentally and emotionally, that’s hard to cope with,” he explained. “We needed to reach half-time to reorganize, but unfortunately, we couldn’t.”

Despite the setback, Cardoso felt his team regained control in the second half, even after being reduced to nine players. However, Sundowns failed to capitalize on their limited opportunities.

“We had chances in the second half and adjusted tactically, but we couldn’t convert our moments into goals. After the red card, we rebalanced the team and gave our best to win. Unfortunately, we didn’t take advantage of the key opportunities we created,” he added.

Cardoso also expressed his focus on recovery and preparation for Sundowns’ next match, an away game against Maniema, emphasizing the importance of maintaining momentum in the CAF Champions League.

“We need to recover our players and assess who’s ready, especially since we’ll be missing three players for the next match,” he said. “We’ll adapt tactically and do our best to secure a win and move closer to qualification.”

Despite the defeat, Cardoso remains confident in his team’s ability to bounce back, with a clear focus on future challenges as they aim to progress in the competition.

Previous Post

R20 Million Embezzled from MK Veterans Association Linked to VBS Scandal

Next Post

Debate Grows Over South Africa’s ‘Song of the Year’ Tradition Amid Controversy and Calls for Reform

Azalibone Mthethwa

Education: A+ Diploma in Journalism ( 2017) Experience: Senior Journalist - Current Affairs Writer Email: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Related Posts

UPDATES| Dr Nandipha Magudumana arrived in court. More details

September 11, 2024

Julius Malema’s Strong Stance on Corruption: EFF Vows to Continue the Fight

November 25, 2024

Story Of The Last Moment Of Slain DJ Mashata Left SA In Tears, See What He Was Doing

September 20, 2024

Floyd Shivambu Dismisses ANC Claims of Former MK Party Members Returning

January 25, 2025

77-Year-Old Limpopo Farmer Killed in Farm Attack

December 1, 2025

Explosive Claim in Meyiwa Case: Teffo Alleges Khumalo Accidentally Shot Goalkeeper

July 27, 2025
Next Post

Debate Grows Over South Africa’s ‘Song of the Year’ Tradition Amid Controversy and Calls for Reform

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Bad News for everyone living in South Africa this morning As Nigerian Threaten To Take Over SA

September 11, 2024

South Africa is finished|| Look over 100 illegal foreigner were caught bringing into the country

September 10, 2024

Look what Dr Nandipha’s mother spotted doing in court yesterday

September 10, 2024

Unexpected || Hawks To Arrest ANC Heavyweight Over R680 000 Alleged Money Laundering

September 11, 2024

Big Nuz – Ngeke Wins Ukhozi FM Top 10 Cross Over Song Of The Year 2022 to 2023

0

Watch: Babes Wodumo Performing Ngeke at The Last Dance 2022 | Song of The Year

0

Some people are angry on Babes Wodumo, following how She’s mourning her husband, take a look

0

Enhle Mbali exposed for ‘willing to be in a polygamous marriage’

0

Armed Robbers Target Residents Outside Maboneng Apartment Building

February 20, 2026

Malema Fires Back: “Lawyers Briefed Already” After Kenny Remark

February 20, 2026

Chaos Escalate In Parliament As Masemola Steps Down From Position Unannounced,See What Was Revealed

February 20, 2026

Grace Mugabe Unable to Travel to South Africa Due to Outstanding 2017 Arrest Warrant

February 20, 2026

Recent News

Armed Robbers Target Residents Outside Maboneng Apartment Building

February 20, 2026

Malema Fires Back: “Lawyers Briefed Already” After Kenny Remark

February 20, 2026

Chaos Escalate In Parliament As Masemola Steps Down From Position Unannounced,See What Was Revealed

February 20, 2026

Grace Mugabe Unable to Travel to South Africa Due to Outstanding 2017 Arrest Warrant

February 20, 2026

SA Leading Digital News. All the latest breaking news from across South Africa in one stream.

Advertise with us: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Follow Us

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact

Recent News

Armed Robbers Target Residents Outside Maboneng Apartment Building

February 20, 2026

Malema Fires Back: “Lawyers Briefed Already” After Kenny Remark

February 20, 2026

Chaos Escalate In Parliament As Masemola Steps Down From Position Unannounced,See What Was Revealed

February 20, 2026

Grace Mugabe Unable to Travel to South Africa Due to Outstanding 2017 Arrest Warrant

February 20, 2026
  • About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • LATEST NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LIFESTYLE
  • CRIME
  • SPORTS
  • BUSINESS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Login

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • LATEST NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LIFESTYLE
  • CRIME
  • SPORTS
  • BUSINESS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Login

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Exit mobile version