North West businessman Brown Mogotsi has confirmed he will appear in person before a parliamentary ad hoc committee investigating corruption in the criminal justice system, ending a standoff over security arrangements .
Mogotsi had previously requested that Parliament fund his personal security team’s travel and accommodation for seven days, a demand the committee rejected as “ridiculous” . When the committee asked National Assembly Speaker Thoko Didiza to issue a summons compelling his appearance, she declined, citing unresolved security concerns and emphasizing that summonses should be “an act of last resort” .
Following further engagement, Mogotsi told the Sizwe Mpofu-Walsh Xperience podcast that he has agreed to attend in person .
“I have agreed. They haven’t sent me a formal invitation yet, but we have spoken and confirmed,” Mogotsi said .
He confirmed that state security arrangements have now been made, though he noted no formal threat assessment was conducted.
“I signed the security arrangement even though they did not conduct a threat and risk assessment. But they will take me from the airport, I’ll have someone accompanying me — but I’m definitely going,” he said .
The committee is investigating allegations of political interference in law enforcement originally brought by KZN police commissioner Lt-Gen Nhlanhla Mkhwanazi . Mogotsi is expected to respond to allegations that he acted as a “middleman” or “fixer” facilitating criminal infiltration .
Despite agreeing to appear, Mogotsi expressed concern over perceived bias from some committee members, saying their comments suggest they have already found him guilty .
The committee was set to conclude by February 20 but has requested an extension until March 31 due to delays and outstanding witnesses. The National Assembly is scheduled to consider the extension request .




















