Nearly a year after his disappearance, Pretoria businessman and farmer, Jerry Boshoga, remains missing with renewed public outrage after videos showing him being tortured have resurfaced on social media.
Boshoga, 46, was kidnapped on 18 November last year in Rooihuiskraal, Centurion, moments after leaving a business meeting. His family says that despite numerous appeals to authorities and ongoing investigations, they are no closer to finding him or identifying his abductors.
Shortly after his abduction, disturbing videos began circulating online, depicting Boshoga bound and beaten inside a dimly lit room. In one of the clips, he is seen pleading for his life, begging his family to pay a ransom to secure his release. The footage, described by investigators as “credible and deeply distressing,” was shared with the police’s anti-kidnapping task team.
Jerry Boshoga, a Pretoria businessman and farmer was kidnapped on 18 November last year.
He is still missing.
Boshoga was taken in Rooihuiskraal, Centurion shortly after attending a business meeting.
After Boshoga’s disappearance last year, videos started circulating online,… pic.twitter.com/zas78StMeR
— Yusuf Abramjee (@Abramjee) October 22, 2025
Police spokesperson Colonel Brenda Muridili confirmed that investigations are continuing but declined to reveal operational details. “The matter remains a priority case for the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (Hawks). We are working with specialised units to trace those responsible,” Muridili said.
Family spokesperson and cousin, Sibusiso Moeketsi, said the ordeal has left the family devastated and desperate for closure. “Every day we hope for a call or a lead that brings Jerry back. Watching those videos broke us — it’s torture for the entire family,” Moeketsi said. He criticised the slow progress of the investigation, claiming that crucial leads were not followed up timeously.
Sources close to the investigation suggest that the kidnapping bears hallmarks of a sophisticated criminal network targeting wealthy businesspeople in Gauteng. Police are reportedly probing links between Boshoga’s case and a series of similar kidnappings where victims were held for ransom in abandoned properties around Pretoria and Johannesburg.
Despite offers of private rewards and assistance from security companies, Boshoga’s whereabouts remain unknown. His family has renewed calls for anyone with information to come forward, pleading for compassion and justice.
As the first anniversary of his disappearance approaches, the haunting images of Boshoga’s suffering continue to spark public outrage — a chilling reminder of the growing scourge of kidnappings that still grip South Africa’s economic heartland.




















