• Advertise
  • About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
iReport South Africa
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
iReport South Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

MK Party Suspends Members Over Controversial Candidate Replacement in Umsunduzi By-Election

January 10, 2025
0
MK Party Suspends Members Over Controversial Candidate Replacement in Umsunduzi By-Election
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The MK Party has suspended several members following a contentious incident during the registration of candidates for last month’s by-election in Umsunduzi, KwaZulu-Natal. The controversy centered on the replacement of a community-nominated candidate with Sthabiso Nkabinde, allegedly imposed by Dr. Kwazi Mbanjwa, a senior figure within the party.

The move sparked outrage among party members, many of whom felt sidelined and disillusioned by what they perceived as a lack of transparency and fairness. In response, a faction of dissatisfied MK members chose to back the African National Congress (ANC) candidate instead, a shift that played a pivotal role in the ANC’s victory in the by-election, significantly undermining the MK Party’s chances.

In the aftermath, the MK Party took disciplinary action, suspending several members implicated in the incident, including Cebile Zuma and Sthabiso Nkabinde. Dr. Kwazi Mbanjwa, already suspended for a separate issue, was also included in the list. The suspensions aim to underscore the importance of discipline and transparency in the party’s internal operations.

This controversy highlights the challenges political parties face in balancing leadership decisions with grassroots support during candidate selection. It also raises broader questions about the democratic processes within political organizations, where top-down decisions can significantly impact a party’s reputation and electoral prospects.

The MK Party’s swift response indicates its intent to address the issue and restore order. However, whether these efforts will heal the divisions caused by the incident remains uncertain, as the fallout has exposed deeper tensions within the party’s ranks.

Previous Post

Nella Rose Sparks Debate After Calling Out Woman Ready to Move to South Africa for Love

Next Post

Collen Malatji Sparks Debate Over Death Penalty for Child Rapists

Azalibone Mthethwa

Education: A+ Diploma in Journalism ( 2017) Experience: Senior Journalist - Current Affairs Writer Email: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Related Posts

“I Will Be There as the President Representing Them All” Jubulani Says This After His On Paliament

“I Will Be There as the President Representing Them All” Jubulani Says This After His On Paliament

September 20, 2024
Robert Mugabe’s Son Arrested for Attempted Murder After Gardener Shot in Johannesburg

Robert Mugabe’s Son Arrested for Attempted Murder After Gardener Shot in Johannesburg

February 19, 2026
MK Party MP Dr John Hlophe Barred from Judicial Service Commission (JSC)

Mary Phadi Demands Suspension of MK Deputy President John Hlophe Over Misconduct Allegations

January 27, 2025
MacG Allegedly Sued by Nkosazana Daughter for Over R13M After Master KG “Baby Daddy” Slander

MacG Allegedly Sued by Nkosazana Daughter for Over R13M After Master KG “Baby Daddy” Slander

October 13, 2024
Ndlozi Warns South Africans Against Accepting Trump-Appointed Ambassador

Ndlozi Weighs In: “Mbeki Is the Best President” Amid Debate on SA’s Worst Leader

February 22, 2026
Allegations of Internal Discord and Duduzile Zuma’s Influence Stir Controversy Within the EFF

EFF Accuses DA of Racially Biased Pact with Afriforum in Tshwane, Demands Immediate Reforms

October 30, 2024
Next Post
Collen Malatji Sparks Debate Over Death Penalty for Child Rapists

Collen Malatji Sparks Debate Over Death Penalty for Child Rapists

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Bad News for everyone living in South Africa this morning As Nigerian Threaten To Take Over SA

Bad News for everyone living in South Africa this morning As Nigerian Threaten To Take Over SA

September 11, 2024
South Africa is finished|| Look over 100 illegal foreigner were caught bringing into the country

South Africa is finished|| Look over 100 illegal foreigner were caught bringing into the country

September 10, 2024
Look what Dr Nandipha’s mother spotted doing in court yesterday

Look what Dr Nandipha’s mother spotted doing in court yesterday

September 10, 2024
Unexpected || Hawks To Arrest ANC Heavyweight Over R680 000 Alleged Money Laundering

Unexpected || Hawks To Arrest ANC Heavyweight Over R680 000 Alleged Money Laundering

September 11, 2024

Big Nuz – Ngeke Wins Ukhozi FM Top 10 Cross Over Song Of The Year 2022 to 2023

0
Watch: Babes Wodumo Performing Ngeke at The Last Dance 2022 | Song of The Year

Watch: Babes Wodumo Performing Ngeke at The Last Dance 2022 | Song of The Year

0
Some people are angry on Babes Wodumo, following how She’s mourning her husband, take a look

Some people are angry on Babes Wodumo, following how She’s mourning her husband, take a look

0
Enhle Mbali exposed for ‘willing to be in a polygamous marriage’

Enhle Mbali exposed for ‘willing to be in a polygamous marriage’

0
Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

May 22, 2026
A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

May 22, 2026
“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

May 22, 2026
Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

May 22, 2026

Recent News

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

May 22, 2026
A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

May 22, 2026
“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

May 22, 2026
Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

May 22, 2026
iReport South Africa

SA Leading Digital News. All the latest breaking news from across South Africa in one stream.

Advertise with us: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Follow Us

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Politics
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Lifestyle
  • Crime
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Advertise

Recent News

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

Whistleblower exposes bribery and fake certificates at Ceta linked to Cat Matlala company

May 22, 2026
A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

A KZN Woman Appearance Changed Dramatically After She Allegedly Sleep With Her Foreigner Boyfriend

May 22, 2026
“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

“There Were undocumented Immigrants And The Economy was Growing During My Team” Thabo Mbeki Hit Out

May 22, 2026
Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

Joe Sibanyoni says complainant borrowed R900,000 from him in extortion case

May 22, 2026
  • Advertise
  • About
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • LATEST NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LIFESTYLE
  • CRIME
  • SPORTS
    • FIFA World Cup
  • BUSINESS
  • IREPORT TV
  • RSS News Feeds
  • Contact
  • Login

iReport South Africa to Advertise: info@ireportsouthafrica.co.za